Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Intro and Overview

A few days ago I finished reading this awesome book titled The Four Hour Workweek. This is an awesome book which has a host of useful concepts. However, this book does downplay the difficulty of things. Doable things, but difficult, including negotiating a work from home agreement with your boss, to starting an automated cash cow business that need little to no input from you.

Well, a day after finish reading it I came up with a muse idea. According to Tim Ferris, a muse is an automated, scalable business that is designed to generate income. Well my muse was to sell Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee online. I followed the steps in the chapter "Income Autopilot II" and set up my initial game plan for my new founded coffee import idea. Steps included:



1. Purchase domain: http://www.coffeefromjamaica.com
2. Build a website and order form using weebly.com and wufoo.com respectively
3. Upon submit of the order form, display a "product on backorder message"
4. Signup for google adwords to advertise site - $20 per day
5. See how many potential orders I get to see if this is a viable muse
6. Set up shop, kick back and make thousands of dollars per day

Well day 2 has passed with my steps 1 through 4 above complete, however no one has completed the form. Many have visited the site according to google analytics, but no potential orders.

So sitting back and thinking of my potential next muse, the thought occurred to me. Well, thousands of dollars per day would be nice, but does seem far fetched. How about I start small and try to make $10 per day. Yes, a far cry from allowing me to quit my job and travel the world, but supplemental income that is generated repeatedly with little or no input would definitely be welcomed.

Hence, this blog was born to document my journey to generating a residual income of $10 per day. I hope to make it to that $10 a day and far beyond and definitely plan to enjoy the journey getting there.

$10 per day = ~$300 per month = ~$3650 per year

LETS GO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment